- What does immensely mean?
- What does gallant lies mean?
- What does wistfully mean?
- What is the meaning of the word gallant?
- What kind of word is valiant?
- What is the opposite word of blunt?
- What is the opposite of precariously?
- What’s the meaning of fearless?
- How do you use the word gallant in a sentence?
- What is a synonym for Gallant?
- What is the meaning of Valiant?
- Can a woman be gallant?
- What is the opposite word of Gallant?
- What is gallant and valiant?
- How does the use of the word gallant add to the meaning of the sentence?
- What part of speech is Gallant?
What does immensely mean?
: to a very great or immense degree or extent : exceedingly, enormously We enjoyed ourselves immensely..
What does gallant lies mean?
“We mothers are so proudOf our dead soldiers.” Then her face was bowed. ‘ … The mother is a ‘poor old dear’ to him to which he can tell ‘gallant lies’. This means that the “home front” as it was called, was completely removed from the realities of War, unaware of the real problems with which the soldiers were battling.
What does wistfully mean?
: feeling or showing a quiet longing especially for something in the past. Other Words from wistful. wistfully \ -fə-lē \ adverb There had been a time, he remembered it wistfully, when things had been quite different … —
What is the meaning of the word gallant?
1 : showy in dress or bearing : smart. 2a : splendid, stately a gallant ship. b : spirited, brave gallant efforts against the enemy. c : nobly chivalrous and often self-sacrificing. 3 : courteously and elaborately attentive especially to ladies.
What kind of word is valiant?
adjective. boldly courageous; brave; stout-hearted: a valiant soldier. marked by or showing bravery or valor; heroic: to make a valiant effort.
What is the opposite word of blunt?
Antonyms for blunt polite, tactful, subtle, pointed, sharp, needled.
What is the opposite of precariously?
precarious. Antonyms: assured, certain, systematic, safe, immutable. Synonyms: hazardous, peril, ous, uncertain, riskful, unassured, insecure, dubious, doubtful.
What’s the meaning of fearless?
free from fear : brave: free from fear : brave.
How do you use the word gallant in a sentence?
(1) She made a gallant attempt to hide her tears. (2) Huang Jiguang’s gallant deed is known by all men. (3) The gallant soldiers lost their lives so that peace might reign again. (4) Despite fierce competition she made a gallant effort to win the first medal of the championships.
What is a synonym for Gallant?
SYNONYMS FOR gallant 1 valorous, courageous, heroic, bold, daring, intrepid. 2 chivalrous, courteous.
What is the meaning of Valiant?
1 : possessing or acting with bravery or boldness : courageous valiant soldiers. 2 : marked by, exhibiting, or carried out with courage or determination : heroic valiant feats.
Can a woman be gallant?
It can still be used that way, but more often it describes any kind of bravery, and it is just as correct to describe a woman’s bravery as gallant as it is a man’s.
What is the opposite word of Gallant?
Antonyms for gallant cowardly, afraid, shy, meek, unwilling, unmannerly, timid, unrefined, fearful, ungentlemanly.
What is gallant and valiant?
“Valiant” can be just brave or stout-hearted, while “gallant” is brave or stout-hearted with sense of chivalry or honour. I’d be more inclined to refer to a knight as gallant.
How does the use of the word gallant add to the meaning of the sentence?
Answer: What the use of the word gallant adds to the meaning of the sentence is that It suggests that the enemy is courageous. Explanation: The gallant show can be understood nowadays as a great display which is normally related to courageous warriors.
What part of speech is Gallant?
gallantpart of speech:adjectivepart of speech:nounpronunciation:g laent [or] g lantdefinition 1:a courageous, spirited, or chivalrous man. synonyms: hero, valiant similar words: cavalier, knight, paladin, warriordefinition 2:a fashionable or courtly young man. similar words: beau, cavalier, dandy, dude, fop12 more rows